Are you a dreamer? An ideas person? Cause I am. If you're anything like me, you could make money on all the brilliant (IMHO) ideas/plans you've come up with, if only you could actually finish what you've started! I mean, I know I'm not going to be the next Bill Gates, nor do I want to, but I know that some of my ideas could actually turn into something if I had any staying power. Seriously, now I've crossed the 30 mark it's beginning to become beyond ridiculous.
Some people just seem to know what they want to do in life. And to some extent, I do have things that I've always known that I wanted to do. But it's not just one thing. It's more like 5, or 10, or 20 depending on the day... Sometimes I wonder what it must be like to feel like you have a calling and even admit to having moments of jealousy towards people who seem to be able to really focus on one thing and make something of it. But then again, in some ways I also love that am a jack-of-all-trades, master of none. I mean, doing the same thing, over and over again does strike me as being a bit dull. Life is about living and learning and growing (ideally in the intellectual not width department, though it does seem to be part of the process!).
So here's the plan:
Once the wedding is over and we've returned I'm going to focus on 1 thing per area of my life for a certain period of time and try to make some of them habits.
For example from the end of October to January 2009:
- Health: getting to the gym regularly. Meaning 3x a week, no exceptions.
- Crafty business ideas: I have an idea for making Christmas tree ornaments that I want to try selling on etsy and I'm going to do it.
- Personal crafts: learn to make pillows and placements (really well... hence the single minded focus)
- Around the house: Make the bed every morning and clean one thing in the house per day (little things like washing the bathroom sink) cause I'm a terrible chaotic mess and my poor partner really deserves a more helpful house-mate.
- Spiritual: Drag my sorry ass at least 2x a month to the Unitarian church.