Wednesday, November 4, 2009

patchwork table runner

I've been working on a patchwork table runner over the past few days. Here are the results:



If you look closely you'll notice a few problems with it. The edges are completely balanced and it looks bumpy (I think a bit of starch will fix this). Part of the problem is that when I was sewing the patches, I didn't make sure that all the seems laid in the same direction. But I admit it, I was too lazy, once I realized the problem, to go back and correct it.

Overall the results are ok, but if I were to do it again, I'd use larger squares because I feel like the number of black squares really break the pattern more than I had envisioned. But it's an evolving process and at the end of the day, it's fine. I learned a lot from it and the end product is still useable, so it's all good!

1 comment:

  1. How beautiful is this! I never did like to sew. Sometimes I wish I would had payed better attention in my Home economocs class in jr high.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails