The Easter long weekend was busy for yours truly. Not only did I try my hand at baby wrap making, I also started making burp cloths out of upcycled materials.
I'm trying, as much as possible, to be conscientious about our baby making carbon footprint and upcycle when we can. Added bonus, this usually saves us money (but not always).
With these, I used an old towel and old pillow cases. The bottom is obviously towel based and the top, colourful stripes, the old pillowcase.
One standard towel creates 3 large and 1 slightly narrower base for the burp cloth, while the pillow case is really only able to create 3 tops. I based my burp cloths on this tutorial (with slight modifications). I'm not quite sure how many of these I'll make, for now I've finished 2 and have 2 more to go based on the materials I have on hand. I might opt to make another set but I'm not sure yet.