Here's what I used:
1 sheet 12x12 kraft paper
10 8.5x 5.5 paper
5 A2 envelopes
Stampin Up Blender Pen
Real Red Stampin Up ink
I cut my 12x12 cardstock into 9x12 and folded the 12 inch side in half (6) then I cut the remaining 3 inch strip into 2 long strips, one 2x12 and the other 1x12 inches.
As you can see I used the wider strip on the right with the stationery and the narrower strip for the envelopes on the left.
Basically I wrapped the strips somewhat snugly (a little wiggle room to slide paper and envelopes out) around the paper goods. The letter paper was leftover from a custom order trial using lined and an embossed paisley floral stamp. I opted to stamp the envelopes to coordinate with the paper.
I wanted the wrap to have a little something so I also stamped the wider strip and coloured it in using my red ink and a blender pen. I thought the red would look nice as it tends to pop against kraft paper. Ironically I think it looks better in the photo than it does in real life.
I kept the cover simple for now, using a plain, unlined sheet of stationery in the same set.
If you look at the right bottom corner, you'll notice I originally stamped onto the kraft cardstock but didn't like it so decided to cover it. I wasn't aiming for perfection as this was meant as a mock up to see how it would work.
What I would keep and change:
- I would keep the overall structure. It's simple but effective.
- I'd probably layer the front differently: kraft, white, then another patterned layer of some sort to make it pretty and interested.
- I think I'd either using washi or cardstock to line the wraps (obviously coordinating with the outer patterned layer for a unified look).
- I'd work in the stamp from the stationery set into the overall design to pull it all together.